Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sunday Song - Sleigh Ride (instrumental)





Sleigh Ride has been one of my favorite songs since I was very little, maybe 2 or 3. This would have been around 1955 or 1956, so think "Back to the Future!" I remember watching TV, waiting on Santa to appear, and hearing this song play. No matter where I was in the house, when this music started, I'd be right in front of that set that brought Santa into our home!

 My, what a wonderful song, to know that Santa wasn't far away now! I'd gaze at the old (new then) black and white television, dreaming of all the magnificent toys and SURPRISES the jolly old elf would bring me (sighing happily).

Santa wasn't on for very long, maybe 15 minutes, but that was a long time when you're a toddler. My eyes were filled with stars, imagining what I'd tell him I wanted if I actually got to sit on his lap in that beautiful sleigh! I would wonder if there were a dolly in the toy bag behind him, maybe a jack-in-the-box or even a puppy. And, there were always SURPRISES!!!

The music would start again and I'd have to wait until the next time to see Old Saint Nick (sighing reluctantly as Santa drove out of sight!).

Hope you enjoy this music as much as I do!

Join us in posting our favorite songs on Sundays.  Go to Natasha's blog at http://5minutesjustforme.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunday-song-theme-song-from-pirates-of.html and link up with us each weekend.  Great Fun!

XoXoXo

Joy

1 comment:

Black Min said...

Downloading ringtones for iPhone is essential for many users as well as expressing their personality on the device. So, with the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X you know how to create your own ringtone to your liking? Ringtones for iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X are simple to download and easy to download even if you do not know much about it: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

This is the most popular ringtone in 2018, you can refer and set up your mobile phone:

dil diyan gallan ringtone
Ipl ringtone
Mere Rashke Qamar ringtone
Tiger Zinda Hai ringtone
Punjabi ringtone

I need your comment to change my ringtone. Ringtones are free with everyone when installed at my home page. Share to get the most favorite ringtone. thank you!